Triathlon Hawkes's Bay recognises the contribution of volunteers is an integral part of our club's success. We value our Volunteers and make the following commitment to them:
- Full information and training will be provided to ensure that you are fully briefed for the task undertaken. This information will provide clear expectations of the required task and ensure the safety of event participants and yourself.
- Plenty of notice will be given to you giving you all the information you need to fulfill your volunteer role for any given event. Remember that the word Volunteer implies voluntary attendance. So if you find you can't make it, there is no problem, just let us know and we will sort it out. Attendance should be fun and not put any pressure on yourself or your family.
Recognition (Free Stuff)
- A complimentary beverage will be provided at any event where this is possible. If there is no facility for this at the venue where the prize giving takes place we will endeavor to provide something for you.
- Volunteers are eligible for spot prizes at the East Pier Series, Scott Clinic Duathlon Series, Team Tag Triathlon Relay, and Womans Only Triathlon.
- Once you have volunteered for three or more events you will get one free entry into one of our Triathlon HB Events (East Pier Series, Scott Clinic Duathlon Series, Ironkids Series). For those volunteers that do not compete you will be rewarded by way of a voucher. (This only applies to the initial three events you do each year).
- Once you have volunteered for five or more events you will be invited to our Club Prize Giving and Volunteer Recognition Evening held at East Pier in April each year. This will include a free meal, a few laughs and perhaps an award or two. You will be eligible for the Volunteer of the Year Award.
If you like the sound of this and want to know more contact us and let us know what events you would be keen to help at. Remember we will not put you into a difficult job that is beyond your experience. Many marshaling positions are easy and fun and not stressful at all! You can either let us know by e-mail before each event or let us know in one hit and then put circles around those dates on your calendar. You can even let us know when you join the club as a member when you enter on line. Either way once you let us know we will get back to you with all the information you will need. Remember that you don't need to be a member of the club or take part in races to be a volunteer.
Email Bruce to volunteer your services: email@example.com
Or join our Tri Hb Volunteer Facebook page for the latest updates and opportunities HERE
Tri NZ Technical Officials
If you have enjoyed helping out at our events, and you would like to take it to the next level, yo can become a Tri NZ Technical Official, for more information on this CLICK HERE to go to the Tri NZ Page
Below is a list of Triathlon HB Club members who are also Tri NZ Technical Officials
If you have any questions with regards to the rules, then feel free to approach on e of them for advice.
International Triathlon Union
ITU Level 2
ITU Level 1
- Bryan Dunphy
- Samantha Hussey
Triathlon New Zealand
Tri NZ Level 3
- Gail Hussey
- Brent Hussey
- Bryan Dunphy
- Samantha Hussey
Tri NZ Level 1
- Vikki Bond
- Fred Koenders
- Brendon Lodge
- Geoff Martin
- Glen Yule
- Maria Barnes
- Stan Barnes
- Beverley Hussey
Tri NZ Level 1: To be listed you would have done your Tri NZ level 1 course, test, and have been a Technical Official at a sanctioned event. To Progress to next level you have to complete each stage as a pathway to next step.