24th March 2020
Important information in regards to COVID-19 and events for Triathlon Hawke’s Bay
Unfortunately with the continuing unfolding environment in regards to the COVID-19 pandemic and under the guidance of our national body Triathlon New Zealand, Triathlon Hawke’s Bay has postponed all events we manage for the next 6 weeks (until 30th April) and have not confirmed any future dates for these events due to the uncertainty of the changing circumstances and period of time for this pandemic risk to past. This has been a disappointing decision to make but believe it is the right step to ensure the safety of our participants and spectators and try to mitigate the spread of the virus through the community.
We will be continuing to build our winter series which starts at the end of May, but are constantly monitoring the changing environment and will adjust our already published winter calendar of events if required and take the recommended guidelines from authorities or Triathlon New Zealand.
We understand that the current situation is unpredictable but we are still committed to manage community events where and when possible.
Thank you for your understanding and patience during this time. In the meantime stay safe and keep enjoying the training where possible and look forward to giving you all some updates as information comes to hand.
If you have any questions please feel to contact Tri HB General Manager Bruce Richardson directly at email@example.com.
General Manager Triathlon Hawke’s Bay
24th April 2020
I am pleased to provide the following Level 3 guidelines from Tri NZ with the Triathlon context considered from Triathlon New Zealand. Please note the attached document also includes the link to the Sport and Recreation government guidelines for Level 3.
These guidelines will also be posted on the Tri HB & Tri NZ Facebook pages.
I understand as we move down through the levels, many will have questions regarding the upcoming Tri season. Tri HB and Tri NZ aim, via our newsletters, to provide regular updates regarding our Covid-19 planning and the upcoming season.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Triathlon – Level 3 Guidelines
12th June 2020
We are currently in Alert Level 1 which means significant changes in how we manage our upcoming events. This does make it easier for us to ensure we are meeting all government guidelines and we are updating our COVID-19 event plan as and when we receive more information and guidelines in regards to managing events and larger gatherings.
We will adjust our registration process and event plan alongside any new information released from Sport NZ or the Ministry of Health as it becomes available.
24 hours before the event you will receive an email with a health questionnaire and also the latest information in regards to any upcoming event you are registered to do.
For information from SportNZ in regards to Level 1 Sport and Recreation please click HERE
At all times the safety, health and well being of participants and community at our events is our main priority
If you have any questions at any time please feel free to contact the event organiser on 0275601378